About The Guest:
Tib3rius is a penetration tester with over ten years of experience, specializing in web application security. He is the creator of the popular tool Autorecon, which is widely used for enumeration in the OSCP exam and CTF challenges. Tib3rius also offers courses on Udemy and Hackers Academy, focusing on privilege escalation techniques for Windows and Linux.
Tib3rius joins Phillip Wylie on The Phillip Wylie Show to discuss his background in penetration testing and his specialization in web application security. He shares insights into the development of his tool Autorecon, which was initially created for the OSCP exam but gained popularity in the community. Tib3rius also talks about the importance of specialization in offensive security and offers advice for those looking to start a career in penetration testing. He highlights the value of bug bounty hunting as a way to gain practical experience and shares his thoughts on the OWASP Top Ten and the future of web application security tools.
- Autorecon, a tool created by Tib3rius, is widely used for enumeration in the OSCP exam and CTF challenges.
- Specializing in a specific area of penetration testing, such as web application security, can lead to becoming a subject matter expert and increase value to a company.
- Bug bounty hunting can provide practical experience and count as valuable experience in the field of penetration testing.
- The OWASP Top Ten has evolved from a list of the top ten vulnerabilities to a list of categories, covering a wide range of web application security issues.
- The future of web application security tools, such as Kaido, remains to be seen, but competition in the field can lead to improvements and alternatives to existing tools.
- "I think specialize in something and learn that thing well, and you'll be fine." - Tib3rius
- "Bug bounty hunting is a great thing to go into because you'll get some experience actually testing real applications." - Tib3rius
- "The OWASP Top Ten has become a catch-all category that covers almost every vulnerability." - Tib3rius
Socials and Resources: