About the Guests:
Kevin Pentecost and Jason Papillon are the dynamic duo behind the engaging podcast Cyber Distortion. They share a strong history of creating content that delves deep into the cybersecurity world, aiming to educate and inform a wide audience about offensive and defensive strategies within the industry. Kevin brings in his expertise in graphic design, while Jason focuses on the content structure and delivery, making them a well-rounded team.
Chris Glanden is the voice behind the Barcode podcast and the newly introduced webcast, Risk Radar. With previous experience in film, Chris steers his podcast to explore the impacts of AI on cybersecurity, aligning with his efforts to create a documentary on the weaponization of AI systems. He recently made strides into entrepreneurship with his company, Barcode Security.
In this episode of the Phillip Wylie Show, we're treated to a rare gathering of cybersecurity enthusiasts who have built a reputation for their captivating content creation. This episode stands out as the first to feature multiple guests, offering a unique blend of perspectives on professional hacking, content creation, and AI's role in cybersecurity.
The episode kicks off with a recount of the Lone Star Cyber Circus—a collaboration event that brought together local talent from Dallas and introduced thought-provoking discussions on the ever-evolving Dallas hacker scene and AI's intersection with cybersecurity. The conversation pivots to the art and influence of content creation, as the guests delineate pathways for individuals to kickstart or amplify their cybersecurity careers through effective branding and exposure.
As the dialogue unfolds, it touches upon the individual journeys and collaborative ventures of the guests. Kevin and Jason of Cyber Distortion detail their foray into podcasting, aiming to disseminate cybersecurity knowledge at scale. Chris shares his foray into documentary filmmaking, aiming to shed light on the dark potential of AI if left unchecked. Together, their experiences coalesce into a shared vision that culminates in the announcement of the Cyber Circus Network (CCN)—a unifying initiative set to propel the cybersecurity conversation into new heights.
- The synergistic collaboration of Kevin and Jason provides insights into the world of cybersecurity through their high-production podcast, Cyber Distortion.
- Chris Glanden's Barcode podcast and his upcoming documentary on AI highlight the industry's pertinent issues and emerging threats.
- Content creation in cybersecurity is an avenue ripe for exploration, presenting opportunities for education, networking, and career growth.
- The newly formed Cyber Circus Network signals a collective move toward amplifying cybersecurity awareness and fostering community engagement through various events and content mediums.
- The upcoming episodes and events under CCN are gearing up to provide value-driven, diverse content for the cybersecurity community.
- "We want to surround ourselves with as many people as possible that can add value to the area that we're working in." — Jason Papillon
- "I always have fun meeting with you guys and talking shop." — Jason Popillion
- "I'm excited about what we all do individually as well, and how that adds value." — Jason Papillon
- "I think our values align as well. At the end of the day, we all want to help each other." — Chris Glanden
Kevin Pentecost & Jason Popillion: Cyber Distortion Podcast
Chris Glanden: Barcode Podcast
Cyber Circus Network